Saturday 13 February 2010

A day that starts with "me" time

THIS DAY IN WW2 (13.2.40): The British cruiser HMS Dorsetshire intercepts the German blockade runner Wakama which is scuttled near Rio de Janeiro. The Brazilian government formally protests the British action. A Labour Party motion to nationalize the railway is defeated in Parliament.

TODAY IN MY LIFE: I may make a start on a new blog article, otherwise all-domestic

TODAY'S THOUGHT: Even the most spiritual and disciplined are unbroken and uncorrupted purely by grace.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION: As I develop, the wind still makes me bend, but I am less easily uprooted.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU: Is your ego an enemy or a distressed child in need of guidance?

TODAY'S ONELINER: If you can keep your head when all others lose theirs, YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T UNDERSTAND!! : D

GARY'S DESERT ISLAND 100 Day 13: KURT NILSEN - She's So High: Soaring passionate pop/rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=179M-km-CnU

TODAY'S NAME THAT TUNE: The phone rings in the middle of the night, my father yells "what you gonna do with your life!?" (1983)

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION: I will calm my mind and my feelings in order to experience my true self.

No comments:

Post a Comment