Monday 7 June 2010

TUESDAY 8th JUNE 2010 08:00(BST)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (8.6.40)
In the Norwegian Sea... The German battle cruisers Scharnhorst and Gneisenau operate off the Norwegian coast. Their aim is to attack the various convoys carrying the evacuation from Norway to Britain. They sink three empty ships and then find the aircraft carrier Glorious and two destroyers. Despite a gallant defense by the destroyers there is no time for Glorious to escape or launch her aircraft, and although Scharnhorst is damaged all three British ships are sunk.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
A dry run of Thursdays big gig at the venue itself, then Seminar prep and promotion all day and evening!

TODAY'S THOUGHT
You are only alone if you believe your life is about your idea of who you are.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
The instrument called "my life" through which I make a difference is not "me" any more than my nose is "me".

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Right now, are you doing the best you can do?

TODAY'S ONELINER
My psychiatrist pissed me off by saying I was psychotic, so I shot him. : D

GARY'S 100 CLASSIC ALBUMS YOU MUST OWN No.54
DEBBIE HARRY - Def Dumb & Blonde (1989)
Only Debbie could fuse pop, punk and dance and make it excellent!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwY3ecVWTw&feature=related

TRIVIA
"Gas Giant" planets like Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are "failed stars" - they have all the ingredients necessary but aren't big enough to have enough pressure at the centre to set off the Nuclear Fusion that would make them shine.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I have all the resources necessary to live a happy and fulfilling life, I just need to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment