Sunday 31 October 2010

SUNDAY 31st OCTOBER 2010 08:15(GMT)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (31.10.40)
Over Britain... Day 114 of the battle of Britain. This day marks the end of the continuous Luftwaffe raiding campaign.

In the Mediterranean... British forces land on the Greek island of Crete.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
The start of two weeks without a washing machine as the motor gave out on our Bosch Maxx yesterday. Can't complain - it was a free gift from Christians Against Poverty and was second hand, and has given us two years of faithful service after being used nearly every day. After doing my research, I have gone for a BekoWM5100S .

Quality time for myself and with family today.
Twitter Followers = 914 (up 2)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
The "accursed other job" has (second only to daughter!) always been the real acid test of my spirituality. Yesterday was one of the best days ever in terms of my attitude. This, coupled with my cool response to the discovery that our washing machine was screwed proves to myself I have made real gains in understanding.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
People will often more willingly sacrifice their loved ones than their beliefs.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What does enlightenment really mean?

TODAY'S ONELINER
My pet pig lost his voice and got disgruntled : D

TODAY'S TUNE I LIKE
There are many good versions of this great rock track, beautifully raw and simple, but in the end I chose the original http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgiihhb2F9A

TRIVIA
Ancient Chinese artists would never paint pictures of women’s feet.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Every day I grow in knowledge and understanding

No comments:

Post a Comment