Monday 1 November 2010

MONDAY 1st NOVEMBER 2010 08:40(GMT)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (1.11.40)
In the Balkans... The Italian advance reaches the Kalamas River in the Epirus district. A small British bomber unit is sent to help the Greeks. This force is increased at Churchill's order during the next few days. About half the RAF strength from Egypt is sent. The British government believes that it is vital to fulfill the guarantees given to Greece to bolster neutral opinion, especially in the Balkans and Turkey.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Not a great start from an organisational standpoint, but I was pleased with my rapid recovery from my initial frustration. I was subsequently cheered by an all-time record hit count of 6888 on my website in October.
A morning of throwing dead wood out of the basket before a consultation and seminar in the afternoon.
Twitter Followers = 919 (up 5)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
It's all about focus! Keeping my attention in the right place.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
If you're going to play, play it to win.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Does hope drive you onward?

TODAY'S ONELINER
Can we ever really know when our philosophy assignment is due? : D

TODAY'S TUNE I LIKE
A rallying cry to the determined
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLTYMN8iD00

TRIVIA
Banana plants are the largest plants on earth without a woody stem. They are actually giant herbs of the same family as lilies, orchids and palms.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I WON'T BACK DOWN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment