Monday 15 November 2010

TUESDAY 16th NOVEMBER 08:15(GMT)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (16.11.1940)
In Mexico... Three German cargo ships leave the port of Tampico but fail to evade the British blockade. The Phrygia is scuttled while the Idarwald and Rhein return to Tampico.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Daughter staying another week - her flat is still not ready. Clearly an exercise in tolerance is coming! She is giving my brand new washing machine some serious "hammer", washing her entire wardrobe - I haven't used it once yet! She needs another 24 hours to get the last of it through.

Though my birthday isn't until the 26th, missus has organised a surprise for me in Ilkley at 3pm where she has made an "appointment" for me to have some kind of experience. Normally she's useless at surprises but this one has me foxed! You got any ideas? In any case, she is off work today (school closed for Eid-Al-Adha) so from 10am we are having a "quality time" day.
Twitter Followers = 934 (up 3)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Spent much of yesterday in a low mood but I was pleased how I managed it - I seem to have raised some smiles and caused no harm.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Only you can do what you can do.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is it time to take stock of your life and see if you're making the best of it?

TODAY'S ONELINER
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished. : D

TODAY'S TUNE I LIKE
My fave Rolling Stones song! Sing along with this version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kve_N8rmmQ

TRIVIA
The World's best-selling toy is RUBIK'S CUBE - 350 million have been sold worldwide. The current world record for single time on a standard 3×3×3 Rubik's Cube was set by Feliks Zemdegs, who had a best time of 6.77 seconds at the Melbourne Cube Day 2010.

It is always possible to solve a Rubik's Cube in a maximum of 20 moves.

There are now several widely known algorithms for solving the cube which means that the intellect is no longer required to solve the cube, simply memorisation of the algorithm.

Since the 3x3x3 cube is no longer very challenging to enthusiasts, Rubik's Cubes come in a variety of more challenging varieties, the most popular of which is the 5x5x5 cube.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I do not drive my vision - my vision drives me! I am COMPELLED to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment