Sunday 26 December 2010

MONDAY 27th DECEMBER 2010 08:05 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (27.12.1940)
In the Pacific... The German raider Komet shells the phosphate production installations on the island of Nauru in the Central Pacific while flying a Japanese flag. Both Komet and Orion have been active in this area for some days and have sunk several ships engaged in the specialized phosphate trade.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
After an absolutely delightful Boxing Day with the house to myself (missus was at daughter's)devoted almost entirely to watching DVD's and consuming beer, Pringles and chocolate, I intend to gradually re-introduce some self-discipline into the remaining two days of my break, like having a bath and a shave, not consuming so many calories and doing the ironing. I will however continue to enjoy myself doing not a great deal!

I continue to purge bot tweeters but my following has not shown any great drop as a result so far.
Twitter Followers = 1000(down 1)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I feel completely content and grateful in myself and at peace with myself. All my remaining challenges are in the form of my dealings with people.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
The deepest frustration comes from the hope for something just a fingertip out of reach.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
How do you know that you know?

TODAY'S ONELINER
Why does soured cream have a "use by" date when it's already gone sour? : D

GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
I'm a bit particular about what a goth should look like. You should be skinny, pale, dressed in black or red, and hair absolutely must be long and raven-black.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobsphotographynl/3848647890/in/set-72157606634406912/

TRIVIA
Haggis, the national dish of Scotland: take the heart, liver, lungs, and small intestine of a calf or sheep, boil them in the stomach of the animal, season with salt, pepper and onions, add suet and oatmeal. Serve with boiled parsnips and potatoes. Enjoy!

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Today I celebrate all that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment