Friday 17 December 2010

SATURDAY 18th DECEMBER 2010 06:55 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (18.12.1940)
From Berlin... Hitler issues Directive 21. Its message is simple: "The German Armed Forces must be prepared, even before the conclusion of the war against England, to crush Soviet Russia in a rapid campaign." The projected operation is given the code name Barbarossa. The preparations are to be ready by May 15, 1941.
In the Mediterranean... The British submarine Triton is sunk by an Italian tropedo boat in the Straits of Otranto. Valona in Albania is shelled by the British battleships Valiant and Warspite (during the night of December 18-19). The Italians are also active in support of their armies in Albania with Lukova, just north of the Corfu Channel being shelled.
In Britain... A total of 10,969 people evacuated from Gibraltar have now arrived.
TODAY IN MY LIFE
Though I've got a lot of planning to do, it won't get done today! Focus is on the domestic and contemplation. Twitter Followers = 983 (up 4)
TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Confidence has been boosted by observing myself rise above my own negative feelings. I no longer feel it imperative to be in higher consciousness all the time. Now my focus knows where to be when uncomfortable, it's become automatic and my levels of consciousness run themselves. I am immensely thankful to have finally achieved the prime objective of finding "baseline" peace of mind. My intention now is to see it grow stronger and more robust to the point where nothing troubles me at all - total peace while still in this life experience.
TODAY'S THOUGHT
At the root of all misery is fear.
TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What is the impact on others of what you are doing?
TODAY'S ONELINER
I can't keep up with the book of the month - it takes me six weeks to read it : D
GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
Another example of less being more
TRIVIA
If you discover a leech attached to you sucking your blood, the safest and healthiest option is to simply let it finish. It will then drop off leaving a wound that heals quickly. Anything else leaves a worse wound and greater vulnerability to infection.
TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Today my heart rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment