Wednesday 22 December 2010

THURSDAY 23rd DECEMBER 2010

THIS DAY IN WW2 (23.12.1940)
In the Balkans... The Greeks continue their advance, occupying Himarra, in Albania.
Over Britain... German aircraft raid Manchester for a second consecutive night.
From London... Lord Halifax becomes British ambassador to the United States. Anthony Eden takes over as foreign secretary. David Margesson becomes secretary of war (army minister).

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Here I am still in December 2010 and the burning question in my mind is on 4/8/2011 how to I get from Hamburg to Wacken if I can only start at 17:30 - I could be dead by then! I think I'm kinda relishing the logistical challenge. One thing's for sure, I'd have taken German a lot more serious at school if I knew I was going to Wacken one day!

Today is one of wife's favourite days - the Sainsbury's Christmas food shop, where we pay over the odds for all those Christmas munchies. Whereas most people loathe the whole business, Alison regards it as a trip to Aladdin's cave - she has taught me much about the nature of attitude and perception!
Twitter Followers = 1,000 (up 6)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Making some excellent progress. I have learned to calm my mind and focus my attention on my intuition for long periods. I intend to put all my energy into this state of consciousness and persist until it becomes automatic.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Helping yourself is stressful, helping others who love you is sheer joy.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
If this next year of life was definitely your last, what would you do?

TODAY'S ONELINER
Women's magazine's are full of recipes and diets, so you can learn how not to eat what you've just learned to cook : D

GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
Goth and her friend Pirate about to slaugther a fairy
*no longer available, sorry!*

TRIVIA
Coffee is the most popular beverage worldwide with over 400 billion cups consumed each year.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I am looking forward to contributing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment