Tuesday 21 December 2010

WEDNESDAY 22nd DECEMBER 2010 07:10 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (22.12.1940)
Over Britain... German aircraft raid Manchester during the night.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Pausing for breath after a flurry of frenetic planning activity! I booked the weekend in Paris, which was fairly straightforward, but the Summer proved more awkward. In a fit of pique because Live Nation withdrew tickets for DOWNLOAD from sale until later in the year, (like how is this good business sense?!!) I went right ahead and booked WACKEN OPEN AIR - weekend pass, flights, transfer buses, the whole shebang, only to then realise it backed right on to the end of the Summer Cruise!

Not to lie down easily, I negotiated with wife, son and EasyJet, and managed to do both. The cruise ship docks at Southampton early on Wednesday 3.8.11 - we then fly to Leeds/Bradford Airport in the afternoon. Next day, 4.8.11, when Wacken actually starts, myself and son get out butts to Manchester, fly to Hamburg and chance it on German public transport to get to Wacken at least in time to pitch our tent in time for the Thursday headliners! On Sunday when it's all over, we take the Festival special to Hamburg airport in time for the flight home and the train from Manchester to Bradford. Whew! It will be an intense few days!
Twitter Followers = 994 (up 6)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I am one of those who rarely feels love directly, but I have seen it compel me to do some major stuff! For me, love is a compulsion to act rather than an emotion.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
You always have everythng necessary for right now!

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your mind on something that may never happen?

TODAY'S ONELINER
What do you get when you ask a politician to tell "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" Three different answers. : D

GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
Under a black moon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/living-dead-geisha/5264360895/in/pool-11399776@N00

TRIVIA
Roughly half of all the world's chocolate production is consumed by Americans.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
When I feel distressed, hand to the chest (to remind me to follow my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment