Saturday 22 January 2011

SUNDAY 23rd JANUARY 2011 08:30 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (23.1.1941)
In the Mediterranean... The emergency repairs to the aircraft carrier Illustrious are complete in Malta and the ship is able to make for Alexandria with 24 knots available if necessary. Later the Illustrious will proceed to the United States for full repairs.

In Sofia... The Bulgarian prime minister agrees to bring his country into the Tripartite Pact as soon as military arrangements with the Germans can be completed.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
After looking like it could go on for a bit, the saga of thre lost mobile phones came to a rapid conclusion, when they arrived at the door last night!

Laundry, installing new lampshades and a dehumidifier and removing mould from the windows are today's jobs.
Twitter Followers = 1025 (up 5)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I've found I'm actually calmer when there's NO HOPE, when there's absolutely nothing I can do about a situation. Surrender and acceptance kicks in. It's when things are in the balance that I'm most cranky. I want to direct my focus in such times to a "what will be was inevitable" attitude.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Those complete in themselves make better partners.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is happiness found "out there" or "in here"?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I don't like to talk to my wife straight after sex, but I have to if she phones me : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bacon sandwich, 1 can lamb hotpot, 1 Twix, 1 cadbury's mini-roll, 1 packet crisps, 1 chunk Tiger Bread, 1 glass wine, 3 chunky choc biscuits. Oops! Not comfort eating but "celebration eating" on the reurn of my phones. Oh well never mind.

TRIVIA
Every Friesian cow has a unique pattern on its hide.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
It's all working out as it should!

No comments:

Post a Comment