Wednesday 5 January 2011

THURSDAY 6th JANUARY 2011 06:55 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (6.1.1941)
In North Africa... Advance units of the Allied force reach the outer defenses of Tobruk after taking El Adem airfield to the south. Patrols to examine the Italian defenses begin immediately. The Tobruk garrison is 25,000 men with 220 guns and 70 tanks. General Mannella is in command. There are other Italian units still in positions farther west in Libya.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
It's one of those days where lots of little jobs have all arisen at once, and I've had to put them on a list. My intention to vacuum the house got postponed as I felt the onset of a virus, so I used the time instead to tackle some loose ends on my various planned excursions this year. but I woke this morning feeling better so my high-power Rottweiler immune system seems to have been on the case.

Vacuuming and shopping are the greatest chores today along with a plethora of other minor tasks to keep me out of trouble, such as dismantle the Christmas tree - it's Epiphany/Twelth Night.
Twitter Followers = 1016 (up 4)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I'm responding rapidly to negative emotion, but still dependent on a little space to recover.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
A focus on the ever-changing present moment makes you better prepared for change in general.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your happiness ultimately dependent on you or everything else?

TODAY'S ONELINER
You can always count on an abacus : D

GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
Don't keep her waiting!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57817019@N08/5319550056/

TRIVIA
The smaller the star, the longer it lives. This is because the lower gravity in a small star results in lower pressure at the core, so the rate of nuclear fusion is lower. Small stars consequently consume their hydrogen at a lower rate and live longer.

Gas giants like Jupiter are spheres of hydrogen too small to set off Nuclear fusion at the core, so they remain as stable spheres, so long as they're not too close to a star, which would cause all their gas to dissipate.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
What I need right now is in front of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment