Tuesday 25 January 2011

TUESDAY 25th JANUARY 2011 08:35 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (25.1.1941)
In the Balkans... In southern Albania, both Greek and Italian forces report many cases of frostbite among the troops fighting the mountains. Italian forces are reported to be suffering through an outbreak of typhoid.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
A repeat of yesterday with a full appointment book, though with the appointments closer together, I can finish earlier. With phase 1 of house refurb complete, ie redecorated hall,landing and new Consulting Room, I was able to get my new toy going today, an Ebac 2650 dehumidifier. There's some damp laundry on the radiators to put it through its' paces! When I return this evening I will be able to see how much water it has collected!
Twitter Followers = 1028 (no change)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I can see my desires manifesting themselves! Exciting stuff!

TODAY'S THOUGHT
To find open doors stop banging on closed ones.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Where would your loved ones be without you?

TODAY'S ONELINER
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them? : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bowl of porridge, 1 can minced beef & onions, 1.5 bourbon biscuits
- back on track!

TRIVIA
The last public execution by guillotine was on June 17, 1939. Eugen Weidman was executed before a large crowd in Versailles, France.
The last nonpublic use of the guillotine in France, at Baumetes Prison, in Marsailles, was the execution of convicted murderer Hamida Djandoubi, a Tunisian immigrant, on September 10, 1977. France abolished capital punishment on September 9, 1981.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I am doing what I do best!

No comments:

Post a Comment