Wednesday 23 March 2011

THURSDAY 24th MARCH 2011 06:35 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (24.3.1941)
In North Africa... Six weeks after the mobilisation began, Rommel's Afrika Korps is in place at the front line. In a surprise attack, El Agheila is recaptured from the British by Rommel's forces. General O'Connor and his experienced desert troops have been withdrawn and General Neame has been left to hold Libya with the under strength and inexperienced 2nd Armored Division, 9th Australian Division and an Indian Brigade. The tanks available are mostly old and more or less worn out. Collectively the Allied units have neither the desert experience of O'Connor's veterans nor the professionalism of Rommel's troops. Rommel has one German division, 5th Light, with a strong tank component and part of four Italian divisions. Rommel has been forbidden to attack by the German High Command and has been told that he will receive no extra forces.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Today's the day!! My gig at BCB Radio at noon today - a chance to promote myself and hypnotherapy in general in a full-length show, rather than the short slots I've appeared in up to now. Thanks to the Information Revolution, it's also a potentially worldwide audience.

Rather than dash round, I've decided to have a quiet morning at home first. A little "me time", a decent meditatio session, some housework. After the show, a somewhat anti-climactic weekly shopping trip before supper and preparing the evening meal. Family quality time in the evening.

Twitter Followers = 1090 (up 9)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1.76 pints = 1 litre
:O

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I was somewhat disappointed with my own performance at the "supplementary job" yesterday. The focus just wasn't there. Fortunately the ever-therapeutic mile hike afterwards cleared my head, and I could see that resentment and frustration blinded me to the opportunities. Every encounter is a chance to practise my skills, but in certain environments this is sabotaged by misfocus on the possibility of escape. The correct focus has to be there before I go in to these unpreferred environments. Try again on Friday!

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Getting pissed off is not failure, it's staying pissed off.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your current company building you up or keeping you at their level?

GENUINE STATEMENTS THAT NEEDED RE-PHRASING
Seen in a laundrette: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bacon butty, 2 bars choc, 1 can chicken in white sauce, 4 choc biscuits

TRIVIA
The original purpose of the bouquet of flowers carried by the bride at weddings was to mask her body odour.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I will do the best thing for right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment